Our Holidays

Today, I will be talking about some of my favorite holidays that we celebrate like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Halloween.

Christmas:Limassol, Cyprus - Christmas Tree 2016 Andreas Komodromos via Compfight

First, I will be talking about Christmas. Christmas is an annual festival where we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Christmas is celebrated usually on December 25 which billions of people celebrate. The first thing that we do on Christmas is we get up early in the morning and we open our presents that we get. Then after that we usually Eat a big meal to honor Jesus. Next I usually play with the stuff that I get and if I get on clothes then I try them on. Lastly at around noon we go to my grandmas and We eat, and Open our presents that we get from the rest of my family. That is what my family does on an average day on Christmas.

Thanksgiving:For What We're About To Receive raymondclarkeimages via Compfight

On Thanksgiving we give thanks to the Pilgrims and the Indians because the Indians helped the Pilgrims get through the winter and survive, then at the end they all had a big feast and they called it Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is usually is celebrated on the Fourth Thursday of November. On Thanksgiving in the Morning I usually help my Mom cook the meals to take to my Grandmas, Then At around 3:00 we go to my grandmas and Next, at my grandmas we have a big feast Which includes Turkey, Mash Potatoes, Cranberry Sauce, Rolls, Stuffing, Corn, and lastly Green bean Casserole. Lastly after that we Pick names for a secret Santa thing that we do each year where we have to give someone a present. This is what we do on an average day of Thanksgiving.

Halloween:Halloween pumpkin lanternCreative Commons License barnimages.com via Compfight

Halloween is a Christian holiday where we try to scare away the evil spirits, and that is why we wear costumes but it has totally changed from that and now its just trying to get a ton of candy to fit in your mouth. Halloween is usually celebrated on October 31. What I do on an average day Halloween is First I go to School in the morning and at school we usually have a costume contest which is always really fun. Then, when I get home my mom takes me to my Friends house and we hang out for a little bit then when its time to go we go out and trick or treat for like 3 – 4 hours then we go back to the house and my mom picks me up and I go home and Every year My mom cooks the best chili so I eat some chili and then I go to bed. This is what I usually do on an average day of Halloween.

That Is what I do and why we celebrate the holidays Including Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Halloween.